Friday, November 28, 2014

Slow Cooker Easy Chicken Pot Pie


I made a version of Easy Chicken Pot Pie for years, but I had to cook the chicken first, and then the filling was baked in the oven.  A friend turned me on to her recipe made in the slow cooker, and I have never looked back.


Slow Cooker Easy Chicken Pot Pie

3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thawed if frozen)
1 (16 oz.) pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
1 (4 oz.) can mushrooms, drained (opt.)
2 (10.5 oz.) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
6 Pillsbury Grands Southern-Style Frozen Biscuits

Place chicken breasts in a 3.5 qt. slow cooker.  Combine rest of ingredients (except biscuits) and cover breasts.  Cook on low 6-8 hours or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.  Before serving, remove breasts from slow cooker.  Shred, and return the meat to the mixture.  Serve on top of baked biscuits.

Click here for printable format 

 I adapted this recipe from the original recipe shared with me by my friend Constance.

No comments:

Post a Comment