Friday, April 24, 2015

Mexican Spaghetti


Mexican Spaghetti is easy, quick, and yummo!  Made with pantry ingredients, it is perfect for a busy weeknight...or anytime!

A 16 oz. pkg. of linguini is pictured but only 8 oz. is needed.

Mexican Spaghetti

1 pound ground beef
1 (1 oz.) packet taco seasoning mix
1 (16 oz.) jar salsa*
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (8 oz.) pkg. spaghetti or linguine, cooked 
Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Sour cream

In a large skillet (I use a 5 qt. saute pan), brown ground beef and drain.  Stir in taco seasoning, salsa, and tomato sauce.  Simmer, adding water if needed, until the desired consistency is reached.  Mix cooked noodles into the sauce and heat through.  Cover with lots of sharp cheddar cheese; then cover with a lid until the cheese melts.  Serve with sour cream.  If desired, spaghetti may be transferred to a casserole dish and then covered with cheese.


*Use your favorite brand/heat of salsa.  My favorite is On the Border Mild Salsa, but I sometimes use Taco Bell Mild Salsa.

Several years ago, an acquaintance told me about a Mexican Spaghetti she liked to make and rattled off the list of ingredients.  I couldn't remember all the ingredients she mentioned, but through trial and error, came up with this recipe that must be close to hers, because it is delicious.





 

2 comments:

  1. Who would think that such an incredibly simple recipe could be so delicious? My husband; that's who and so do I! I already had the perfect portion of leftover spaghetti, salsa that needed to be used up, as well as some enchilada sauce which I used in place of the tomato sauce. This meal was done lickety split and I served it with homemade creamed corn. It was awesome and I would make it again in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade creamed corn would be perfect with this! I am so happy you enjoyed it! Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete