Friday, August 26, 2016

One Rotten Banana Cake



When a friend mentioned that she was making a rotten banana cake, I was intrigued.  I always have an overripe banana or two so was happy when she shared her recipe with me.  This cake is particularly good served warm with coffee or milk.

Water not pictured.

One Rotten Banana Cake

Cream together in a 2 qt. mixing bowl:

1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 large or 2 small ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup milk
1 egg, beaten

Mix together in a separate bowl and then add to the creamed mixture: 

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cinnamon (to taste)
1/8 tsp. allspice

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Pour batter into an 8x8 baker sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake for 20-28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.  Let cake cool for 15 minutes.  Combine icing ingredients and spread on warm cake.

Icing:

1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp. butter, melted
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. hot water

  
I adapted this recipe from the original recipe shared with me by my friend Irene.



No comments:

Post a Comment