Friday, February 28, 2014

Slow Cooker Easy Potato Soup


 When a friend shared this recipe with me, I couldn't believe that something so easy rivaled many homemade and restaurant potato soups I've had.  It is so good!



Slow Cooker Easy Potato Soup

3 (10.5 oz.) cans condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
3 soup cans of milk
2 (15 oz.) cans diced potatoes, drained
1(14.5 oz.) can sliced carrots, drained
1 1/2 cups diced ham*
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup instant mashed potato flakes 
Optional toppings:  sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon bits

In a 6 qt. slow cooker, combine the first 5 ingredients.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Cover, and cook on low for 3-4 hours.  Right before serving, add the instant mashed potato flakes and stir.  Serve with toppings if desired. 

 Click here for printable format

*If I don't have leftover ham in the freezer, I use Farmland Smoked Spiral Ham Slices and Pieces.  I cut off any fat or rind and then dice enough to make 1 1/2 cups.   The remaining ham can be frozen for the next batch of soup.  :)


Cornbread is a good side with this soup, and I have an easy, delicious recipe for it!

Cornbread:  http://easyaspiecanbe.blogspot.com/2014/02/cornbread.html

I adapted this recipe from the original recipe shared with me by my friend Constance.







No comments:

Post a Comment